Monday, May 17, 2021

My introduction

 Hello there, if you're reading this it means you're either one of my two friends or stumbled upon this blog accidentally, in which case, welcome, I can't promise you'll like anything that I write.

My name is Ian, a.k.a Akira Takeda, a.k.a v0rtexbeater or just v0rtex in most games (although I also go by Zero sometimes), I like video games, specially RPGs, action/adventure and puzzle games (I also like visual novels but I don't consider them games). My favorite games include Fallout New Vegas, Persona 5, Terraria, Metal Gear Solid 3 and Bloodborne.

My other hobbies besides videogames and arguing with strangers on Reddit and Youtube comment sections include music, I like most kinds of music but my favorite genres are power metal, jazz, prog rock and funk and all of it's subgenres, specially future funk. I don't consider myself a fan or follower of any band in specific, I think it makes people more closed and limits taste in music, I just listen to whatever I feel like. I also like movies but I don't consider myself a cinephile or movie buff because 95% of the people who use those labels are pretentious pseudo intellectuals and I don't wish to be associated with them. My favorite directors are Tarantino and Scorcese and my favorite movie is probably Baby Driver.

I enjoy anime as well but you probably realized that already because I cited persona as one of my favorite games. There isn't really anything remarkable about my taste in anime besides my dislike of shonen (i.e. BNHA, SAO, Naruto, etc.) and irrational hatred towards modern localization and normie weebs so I prefer to just leave it at that.

The purpose of this blog is just to have an outlet to write my thoughts about the industry and the games I play, I don't intend to become rich or famous, open a youtube channel or being hired by a major video game "journalism" website. I'm still trying to figure out how this site works so have some patient if it looks too ugly or I make some typos. The name of the blog itself comes from my liking of alliteration. Expect a lot of complaining here, if you want to read nothing but praise for Triple A publishers you can go to IGN, I'll also try to complain about things that actually matter instead of forcefully shove in politics like certain websites.

It isn't all negativity though, I also plan on writing about more underrated or overlooked aspects of video games that not a lot of people notice. I hope you stick around to read my absurd thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

5 very popular games that I don't like

 Yes, yes, very original topic, I know. Well to be fair I did warn you that there was going to be a lot of criticism here. Disclaimer: this ...